UKTV becomes fastest growing television network this year
Averaging a 4.41% share of viewing – up 14% from the same period last year – the network achieved its highest ever share of commercial impacts in the last six months, at 8.44%.
Full details of UKTV’s channel performance is as follows:
- Flagship entertainment channel Watch has broken the million-viewer mark 26 times (consolidated year-to-date), with biggest drivers coming from exclusive US acquisitions, Grimm and Alcatraz and commission, Dynamo: Magician Impossible. The channel now averages a 0.51% share.
- Dave increased its parent channel numbers by 21%, with a growth of 12% in Pay homes, year-on-year, inclusive of 27% growth in the valuable 16-34 demographic. The channel’s first US acquisition, Suits, achieved 711,000 viewers, an increase of 100% on slot average and 198% in Pay homes.
- GOLD, which hits its 20th anniversary this October, is now the 10th ranking non-terrestrial in Pay homes, with 16-34s improving 14% year-on-year.
- Alibi played its highest rating programme to date, Body of Proof, which averaged 590,000 viewers.
- In the factual genre, commissions such as Cilla’s Unswung Sixties (436,000) helped Yesterday to grow by 35% this year, making it the biggest factual channel in Britain.
- Eden added 39% to its viewership.
- Really‘s move into Freeview last August has made it the portfolio’s biggest growth channel (up 997% / +128% in Pay homes) with growth accelerating quarter by quarter, driven by Rachel Bilson vehicle, Hart of Dixie (469,000 average).
The second half of the year has already supplied record ratings with Dynamo: Magician Impossible giving Watch a record 4.1m viewers across all plays of episode one, and a consolidated figure of 2.1m for the premiere episode only.