‘Splash!’ – The Semi-Final
Tonight (January 26th), comedian Omid Djalili, Benidorm actor Jake Canuso, Olympic ski jumper Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards, Sky Sports News‘ Charlotte Jackson and interior designer Linda Barker took to the diving boards after progressing through the heats – boxer, Anthony Ogogo, revealed that he was pulling out of the competition due to an injury.
After securing the highest amount of public votes this evening, Linda and Eddie were sent straight through to next week’s Grand Final.
The three celebrities with the least amount of votes (Omid, Jake and Charlotte) then took part in a ‘Splash!-Off’. After each celebrity had performed their dive, judges Andy Banks, Leon Taylor and Jo Brand ultimately decided that Jake would join Linda and Eddie in the Grand Final and that Omid and Charlotte would be leaving.
Look back on our updates below.
- 8.32pmThat’s all of our live updates for tonight. We’ll be back at 7pm next week for the Grand Final!
- 8.28pmAndy has chosen Jake, so he joins Linda and Eddie in the Grand Final next week.
- 8.28pmLeon has chosen Jake, Jo has chosen Omid.
- 8.26pmCharlotte diving next..
- 8.26pmAfter a very shakey first attempt at the handstand, Jake has made it off the board.
- 8.24pmJake diving next..
- 8.23pmOmid diving first..
- 8.23pmOmid, Jake and Charlotte will dive once more for the judges in the Splash!-Off – they will send one celebrity home, and the other two through to the final.
- 8.22pmThe two celebrities with the most votes, and therefore going straight through to next week’s final, are Linda Barker and Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards!
- 8.20pmHere we go..
- 8.15pmAfter the break it’s results time! The two celebrities with the highest amount of public votes will go through. The remaining three will dive again in the Splash!-Off, with the judges deciding which two celebrities will go home, and which celebrity will progress to next week’s final.
- 8.12pmNext week the finalists will each perform a dive which they have worked to perfect. They will also do a synchronised dive with Tom.
- 8.12pmA performance from the Splash! Dive Crew there, alongside Tom Daley.
- 8.01pmSo, after all of the dives this evening, at the top of the leaderboard is Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards with 29 points. At the bottom of the leaderboard is Charlotte Jackson with 19 points.
- 8.00pmAndy said that he’s given the dive of the Semi-Final, adding that he stood up to the pressure, and he “smashed” it. Leon said that the dive was “near on perfect”. Jo added that the dive was “amazing”. Andy: 9.5 ~ Jo: 10 ~ Leon: 9.5 ~ Total: 29
- 7.56pmEddie’s on the top, 10m board tonight.
- 7.54pmThe final dive of the evening is Olympic ski jumper, Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards.
- 7.47pmJo said that she admires Charlotte’s grit and determination. Andy said that it was quite an easy dive, and she may struggle to get the point she needs. Leon added that the dive was as basic as it could get, but credit for going to the 10 metre board. Andy: 6 ~ Jo: 7 ~ Leon: 6 ~ Total: 19
- 7.44pmCharlotte is diving from the top, 10m board tonight.
- 7.41pmThe penultimate dive of the night comes from Sky Sports News‘ Charlotte Jackson.
- 7.33pmLeon said that he was so glad he voted to save Jake in the Splash!-Off. He said that he didn’t expect to see anyone doing an arm-stand dive. “Wow,” he said. Jo said that she was inspired by Jake. She thought it was absolutely fantastic. Andy added that Jake just brought a massive wow factor to Splash! He thought he “nailed it”. Andy: 9 ~ Jo: 9 ~ Leon: 9 ~ Total: 27
- 7.31pmJake’s diving from the 7.5m board tonight.
- 7.29pmDiving next tonight is Benidorm‘s Jake Canuso!
- 7.28pmJo thought it was a very difficult dive which was executed beautifully. Leon said that in just a week she has massively increased the difficulty of her dive. “Amazing, well done.” Andy added that he thinks she could make it through to the final with that dive. He noted it was technically proficient, but a little short at the end. Andy: 8~ Jo: 9 ~ Leon: 8.5 ~ Total: 25.5
- 7.23pmLinda is also heading up to the top, 10m board.
7.21pmDiving next is interior designer, Linda Barker!
- 7.15pmAndy thought Omid’s dive had good control and that the entry was good. Jo said that Omid impressed her. Leon said that he loves Omid’s style on the board. He noted a slight over-rotation. “What a start,” he added. Andy: 7 ~ Jo: 8 ~ Leon: 7 ~ Total: 22
- 7.11pmOmid’s up on the top, 10m board once again.
- 7.10pmActually diving first tonight is comedian, Omid Djalili.
- 7.09pmVernon has just confirmed how tonight’s show will work when it comes to the results.. The two celebrities with the highest amount of public votes will go through. The remaining three will dive again in the Splash!-Off, with the judges deciding which two celebrities will go home, and which celebrity will progress to next week’s final.
- 7.07pmOr not, as he has just confirmed. Anthony is pulling out of the competition due to his injury. He’s “gutted”.
- 7.05pmFirst to dive tonight is Olympic boxer, Anthony Ogogo!
- 7.00pmThe show has just begun, and it’s time for the celebrity introductions.
- 6.45pm15 minutes until the Semi-Final begins!
- 6.39pmAs far as we’re aware, the person with the least public votes tonight will leave the competition straight away. There will then be a Splash!-Off between those with the second and third least amount of votes, after which the judges will decide which of the two will go home, and which will go through to the Grand Final with the other three celebrities.
- 6.00pmLast week, boxer Anthony Ogogo and interior designer Linda Barker were sent through to the Semi-Final, by the voting public and the judges respectively. Tonight, four celebrities will progress to next week’s Grand Final, and two will leave the competition. You can read back our live updates from last week’s show here.
- 6.00pmTaking part in tonight’s Semi-Final are comedian Omid Djalili, Benidorm actor Jake Canuso, Olympic ski jumper Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards, Sky Sports News‘ Charlotte Jackson, boxer Anthony Ogogo and interior designer Linda Barker - the show starts at 7pm on ITV/HD.
- 5.59pmWelcome to our live updates of Tom Daley’s Saturday night entertainment show, Splash!
Watch a trailer for last week’s final heat below.